Always follow the same rules that apply for biking in traffic. These include driving in the bike lane only – biking or driving an e-scooter on the sidewalk is against the law.
• Only one person is allowed on an e-scooter
• Lights are required around the clock
• Don’t drink and drive. In Denmark, the blood alcohol limit when driving an e-scooter is 0.5. Driving under the influence of drugs is also against the law
• Minimum age is 15 years
• It's mandatory to wear a helmet when riding an e-scooter
After finishing your ride, make sure to park the e-scooter in a way that does not obstruct people from getting around. That means don’t park on the sidewalk or any other place where the e-scooter is in the way or comprise an inconvenience to others.
Besides the above rules, we highly recommend you to:
• Practice in a safe environment with no or only a few cars, before heading out into traffic. You should be able to drive stable, break quickly and safely and make a break sign while maintaining your balance
• Pay regard to other people in traffic